Gabion structures provide a wide field of environmental applications and ground stabilisation. The basic characteristic of the triple twist hexagonal mesh grid is that it facilitates absorption of the efforts borne by these gravity structures.
All the products in the range comply with standard UNE 36730 of March 2006.
MANUFACTURED TO THE EUROPEAN
REGULATION ON DURABILITY OF WORKS
There are European regulations on the minimum durability of these works according to the difficulty of their maintenance tasks (Durability and the Construction Product Directive 89/106/CEE). Structural work with Gabions (contention walls and river protection), as permanent structures, must have a durability of at least 50 years. Due to which all our products with hexagonal mesh will be covered with Galfan® alloy.
NECESSARY INFORMATION TO CALCULATE THE COST OF M³
OF GABION WORK
• Value of 1 m³ of Gabion (mesh) and 0.8 kg of wire for stitching and bracing
• Value of transport to the site
• Value of m³ of stone for filling, transported to site
• Value of 3/h m³ of operative labour without aid from mechanical means
• Depreciation and indirect expenses
• When the volume and site of the works allow use of mechanical means, such as backhoes, conveyor belts, etc., the performance considerably improves.
As a sign of the confidence Bianchini has in the quality of its products, all our Gabions and other products made of hexagonal mesh are marked with a green coloured plastified thread. By means of this permanent distinction, we guarantee that all the characteristics and correct performance of the product will be maintained throughout all its useful life, including under the highest constructive demands. The Bianchini gabions are insured by a Product Civil Liability Insurance Policy.
One of the main applications of Gabions is for ground contention walls, both on slopes as well as embankments. Gabion walls are structures that work by gravity
As a general rule, the base of the wall will be determined using the following formula:
B=1/2 (1+H), H = total height of the wall